Mother Lode Arabian Horse Association
The 37th Annual
|Show Start time 8:00 am|
JUDGE: Kari Albiol/Acampo, CA
LOOMIS BASIN HORSEMEN’S ARENA
Entry Fees: $4.99 per class - NO REFUNDS
Note: $25.00 charge for returned checks.
FUZZIEST PONY & HORSE CONTEST
To take place during Lunch Break.
($2.00 Entry - Fuzziest Winner takes all !!!)
STICK HORSE CONTEST - OPEN 6 & Under
To take place during Lunch Break.
For more information: Cheryl Hansen, Show Mgr cell: (916) 202-7851
email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Show Office Opens at 7:00 am
You can download a printable entry form and sponsorship forms (page6-9) here.
- Halter Yearlings
- Halter Mares 2 & Over (All Breeds)
- Halter Geldings or Stallions 2 & Over (All Breeds)
- Showmanship 18 & Over
- Showmanship 14 - 17
- Showmanship 13 & Under
- Halter Arabian Stallions 4 Years & Over (perpetual trophy)
- Halter Color Class
- Classic Head Class (Arabians & Half/Anglo Only) (perpetual trophy)
- English Pleasure Walk Only - All ages
- English Pleasure Walk/Trot - 18 & Over
- English Pleasure Walk/Trot - 14 thru 17
- English Pleasure Walk/Trot - 13 & Under(APPROVED ASTM HELMET W/CHIN STRAP)
- English Pleasure Walk/Trot 10 & Under (Never to have shown at a canter/lope) (APPROVED ASTM HELMET W/CHIN STRAP)
- English Pleasure Walk/Trot - Pairs
- English Equitation – 13 and under (APPROVED ASTM HELMET W/CHIN STRAP)
- English Equitation – 14 to 17 (APPROVED ASTM HELMET W/CHIN STRAP)
- English Pleasure – Junior Horse
- English Pleasure Jack Benny Rider – Open to riders age 55 & over
- English Pleasure - Rider 18 and over
- English Pleasure – Rider 14 thru 17
- English Pleasure – Rider 13 and under (APPROVED ASTM HELMET W/CHIN STRAP)
- English Pleasure –Maiden Horse or Rider
- English Pleasure – Amateur (All Ages)
- Arabian & Half/Anglo Pleasure Open – Western or English – MLAHA member only
- Lead Line English/Western - (Riders 2-6 Years)
- Western Pleasure Walk/Jog - 18 and over
- Western Pleasure Walk/Jog - 14 thru 17
- Western Pleasure Walk/Jog - 13& Under
- Western Pleasure Walk/Jog - 10 & Under (Never to have shown at a canter/lope)
- Adult Amateur Ranch Riding (NEW)
- Junior Amateur Ranch Riding (NEW)
- Western Pleasure Walk Only - All ages
- Western Pleasure Walk/Jog - Pairs
- Western Pleasure Jack Benny Rider – Open to riders age 55 & over
- Western Equitation – Rider 13 & Under
- Western Equitation – Rider 14 thru 17
- Western Equitation – Rider 18 & Over
- Western Pleasure - Junior Horse
- Western Pleasure – Rider 18 and over
- Western Pleasure – Rider 14 thru 17
- Western Pleasure – Rider 13 and under
- Western Pleasure - Maiden Horse or Rider
- Western Pleasure – Amateur (All Ages)
AWARDSRIBBONS TO 1ST THROUGH 6TH PLACE
PERPETUAL TROPHIES:CLASSIC HEAD PERPETUAL TROPHY
PUREBRED ARABIAN STALLIONS – 4 YEARS & OVER
LOCATION OF LOOMIS BASIN HORSEMENS ARENA
Take I-80 east about 25 miles from Sacramento to the Penryn Exit. Turn right on Penryn Road and proceed one block to a "T" intersection, which is King Road. Turn right on King, go to the bottom of the hill, and then left on Ong Place. The street sign reads Ong Place, however old maps will show Winters Road. Ong Place (Winters Road) is the access for the Loomis Basin Community Park and Horsemen's Arena.
FUZZY WUZZY HORSE SHOW RULES
- USEF RULES ARE TO APPLY EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE NOTED.
- RIDING APPAREL – ENGLISH/WESTERN RIDERS MUST WEAR BOOTS & LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS & HATS. HELMETS (ASTM APPROVED) REQUIRED IN ENGLISH CLASSES FOR AGES 14 & UNDER AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALL RIDERS WHILE RIDING ON THE COMPETITION GROUNDS. CHAPS AND HUNT COATS ARE OPTIONAL.
- JUNIOR HORSE is one that is 5 years and under.
- MAIDEN – Horse or Rider that has not won 1ST place ribbons at Any Show in the division entered.
- TRAINING EQUIPMENT PERMITTED: Hackamores (bosal), snaffle bits and training aids (i.e., draw reins, running martingales, German martingales). No mechanical Hackamores allowed. Riders may use two hands on reins.
- STALLIONS may not be shown by rider/handler who is under 18 years of age.
- PARENTS/TRAINERS will supervise children and their mounts at all times.
- PONIES allowed in all classes.
- DOGS AND ALL OTHER PETS must be kept on a leash at all times.
- CLASSES with less than three (3) entries may be cancelled or combined.
- LEADLINE RIDERS –may not enter any other riding class.
- WALK/TROT CLASSES – entries in walk/trot classes OTHER THAN 10 & UNDER may enter other classes in the show.
- ONE-MINUTE GATE RULE WILL BE STRICLY ENFORCED.
- COLOR CLASS – Open to Appaloosa, Buckskins, Duns, Paints, Pintos, and Palominos. Excludes Bays, Greys Blacks and Chestnuts.
- CLASSIC HEAD CLASS – Horse must wear unlettered sheet, blanket or cooler.
- NON-COMPETITIVE RIDERS may enter any class at regular fee. Exhibitor number to be worn upside down on exhibitor’s back.
- Perpetual Trophies - must show or submit a copy of registration papers.
- Ranch Horse Classes held in accordance with ARHA specifications and rules.
For information see ARHA Rulebook online:
http://www.americanranchhorse.net/forms.asp#Show Management Forms
A superior ranch riding horse has a free-flowing stride of reasonable length in keeping with his conformation and covering a reasonable amount of ground as if he was going across the pasture to do a task on the ranch in a timely fashion. This class will be judged on the performance, athletic ability, condition and conformation of the horse. A) Horses must work both ways of the ring at all three gaits to demonstrate their ability with different leads. At the option of the judge, horses may be asked to extend the walk and the jog, one or both ways of the ring. The extended jog is a definite two-beat lengthening of the stride, covering more ground. Cadence and balance with smoothness are more essential than speed. Passing is permissible and should not be penalized as long as the horse maintains a proper and even cadence and rhythm. Horses are required to back easily and stand quietly. B) Horses are to be reversed to the inside (away from the rail). They may be required to reverse at the walk or jog at the discretion of the judge, but shall not be asked to reverse at the lope. C) Judge may ask for additional and individual(s) work of the same nature from any horse. D) Rider shall not be required to dismount except in the event the judge wishes to check equipment. E) Horses are to be shown at
- For the safety of all, exhibitors will not be allowed to unhook trailers on the show grounds.
FUZZY WUZZY Horse Show SPONSORSHIP
- Class Sponsorship $25.00 + name announced at the show
- Class Sponsorship (above) + Business card ad in 2 issues of Tailings $40.00
includes ad posted on the website for four months
- Hang your banner - $40.00 (not to exceed 6 ft in length)
- Vendor Booth Space (10' x 15') $50.00
- Stick Horse Sweepstakes Sponsorship $50.00 (class scheduled for lunch break)